ECE 2+2 Application Process
- Begin this process the semester before obtaining an Associates degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education.
- ONLINE Application to Kennesaw State University
- Complete the KSU Application packet for admission to Kennesaw State University
- Admission to Kennesaw State University is all completed online.
(Remember to check the Paulding Campus on your application.)
- Apply to KSU’s Teacher Education program through OWL Express
- Click on the “Student Services” tab
- Click on the “Bagwell College of Education Applications & Forms Menu”
- Click on the “Application For Teacher Preparation Admissions”
- Teacher Education program applicants for the 2+2 program at KSU Paulding must have earned or will complete and Associates degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education
- ENGL 1101, ENGL 1102, and EDUC 2110 with grades of “C” or better
- Satisfactory field experience evaluation
- Transfer students who already completed the EDUC 2110: use the Supplemental Instructor Recommendation form.
- Adjusted or cumulative GPA of 3.0 guarantees admissions; GPA of 2.75-2.99 admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- No grade lower than “C” in Area F and Teaching Field Courses
- Register with Georgia Professional Standards Commission for a MyPSC account and PSC ID number.
- Pass or exempt the GACE Program Admission Assessment Tests (220, 201, & 202 or combined
- Combined Test I, II, & III (700) $128.00
- Program Admission I-Reading (200) $78.00
- Program Admission II-Mathematics (201) $78.00
- Program Admission III-Writing (202) $78.00
*You are exempt from taking the GACE Program Admission Assessment Tests if you have the following minimum scores on Collegiate SAT, ACT, or GRE examinations.
- SAT: at least 1000 (Critical Reading and Mathematics)
- ACT: at least 43 (English and Mathematics)
- GRE: at least 1030 (if tests taken prior to August 1, 2011)
- Or at least 297 (if scores earned after August 1, 2011) (Verbal and Quantitative Scores)
- Complete the Georgia Educator Ethics
- Program Entry Exam (350)
- Once you have completed your application, please email Dalton Lemelle and let him know that you have finished the process: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After Admissions into the Teacher Education Program
- You will be notified regarding your admission status by email through your KSU email account.
- KSU will request you to be issued a Pre-Service Certificate by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC).
- To be eligible you must:
- Submit a complete PSC Pre-Service Certification application packet: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/centers/ess/educator-certification/pre-service-certification/
- Be enrolled in an educator preparation program leading to initial certification.
- Pre-Service Certification is required for all field experiences that are required in the teacher education program!
Welcome to Kennesaw State University Paulding Campus!
Orientation will be held at the KSU Paulding Campus. You should not attend orientation at the main KSU Campus.
Note: When all courses are taken off the main KSU campus in a given semester, some fees are waived See the websites below for more information:
For help with Financial Aid go to: http://financialaid.kennesaw.edu.